Di tulisan ini saya hendak berbagi informasi tentang bagaimana mendaftarkan anak ke sekolah di Australia. Guide ini terutama diperuntukkan bagi orang tua yang hendak ke Australia untuk keperluan Sudy/bekerja dan ingin mendaftarkan anaknya untuk sekolah disana.
Pertama-tama, penempatan kelas di sekolah di Australia berdasarkan umur. Usia < 6 tahun tidak wajib sekolah [TK/Childcare], namun 6 tahun ke atas masuk usia wajib sekolah. Peraturan di setiap state berbeda-beda, berikut informasinya:
- Kindergarten (QLD) 3- to 4-year-olds
- Pre-school / kindergarten
- Kindergarten / reception / prep / pre-primary National Curriculum this year-level will be renamed: Foundation Year
- Grade/Year 1: 6- to 7-year-olds
- Grade/Year 2: 7- to 8-year-olds
- Grade/Year 3: 8- to 9-year-olds
- Grade/Year 4: 9- to 10-year-olds
- Grade/Year 5: 10- to 11-year-olds
- Grade/Year 6: 11- to 12-year-olds
- Grade/Year 7: 12- to 13-year-olds (SA, WA)
- Year 7: 12- to 13-year-olds (ACT, NSW, NT, TAS, VIC, QLD)
- Year 8: 13- to 14
- Year 9: 14- to 15-year-olds
- Year 10: 15- to 16-year-olds and 17 year olds
- Year 11: 16- to 17-year-olds
- Year 12: 17- to 18-year-olds
School Levelpun berbeda-beda di setiap states:
CHILDCARE – KINDERGARDENS
Mencari Childcare/TK-Kindergardens/Family day care, biasanya amat sulit. Sulit karena antriannya sudah sangat panjang. Oleh karena itu diharapkan agar mendaftarkan anaknya ke centres tersebut sebelum keberangkatan ke Australia, atau minimal sesegera mungkin. Untuk mencari centres terdekat dengan tempat tinggal anda silahkan gunakan web berikut:
Biaya Childcare/Kindergardens/Family day care biasanya cukup mahal, berkisar antara $AU60-$Au90 per hari. Akan tetapi mungkin anda eligible untuk mendapatkan potongan Childcare Benefit dan atau Childcare rebate. Silahkan pelajari hal tersebut dari link berikut:
Bagaimana dengan langkah-langkah mendaftarkan anak [dependant] ke primary school ? … berikut langkah-langkahnya:
DEPENDANT APPLICATION PROCESS [Primary School age, Case study: Queensland]
- Parent obtains COE from their education institution. (COE=Offer Letter from the University)
- Institution and/or parent completes the: Dependant Student Application Form (PDF, 596 KB)
- The form is forwarded to EQI with the following documentation:
- a) Copy of Parent’s COE with start and end dates visible.
b) Full name, date and place of birth, and citizenship of dependant child for whom COE is requested.
c) A copy of the photo/title page of the dependant child’s passport and parent/s passport/s.
d) A copy of the DIAC visa grant letter or visa label (if available).
e) Location of DIAC office where visa application is being lodged.
f) Full contact details of parents (eg: email address, phone number, international and local (if known) address).
g) Full contact details of parent’s education institution (eg: contact person, email address, phone and fax number).
h) School and grade/s the child/children will be attending (if known). (It is the responsibility of the parent to approach a school directly or through their educational institution regarding the child’s enrolment). A School Acceptance Letter may be provided and should be included with your application.
i) EQI states on COE that applicant must provide evidence of payment of OSHC to DIAC.
j) Proof that the parent holds a scholarship (this document must include the category/name of the scholarship and be signed by an appropriate, accountable officer of the Institution). EQI will confirm if dependant student meets conditions for tuition fee exemption for Prep to Year 12 years of study.
k) Payment of the application fee and school unconfirmed fee (if applicable).
4. EQI processes application and sends an invoice for tuition fees to the family (if applicable).
5. Family makes payment to EQI.
6. EQI issues receipt, Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and a School Notification Form.
7. EQI sends a School Confirmation Authority to Enrol plus CoE to school (if known).
8. To request a refund of “School Unknown Fee”, the parent completes the “Dependant Student Refund Form” and sends to EQI along with acceptance letter from school, within two weeks of nominated started date.
9. EQI completes the COE/s required and forwards to the applicant (ie: institution and/or parent).
ENROLMENT PROCESS FOR DEPENDANT STUDENTS
- On arrival in Queensland the parent makes an appointment with the selected school. The following paperwork is required at the interview:
- a) Student’s CoE
- b) Dependant Student School Notification Form
- c) Parent’s passport
- d) Student’s passport
- e) Visas (in passport or eVisa grant documentation from DIAC)
- f) Proof of address
2. School enrols student, providing all documentation is provided. A student may not be enrolled without a CoE.
3. Parents must advise school and Education Queensland of any changes to enrolment details, change of school, visa status or expiry date and any contact details within 7 days of any change.
PhD Student in Data Mining
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Queensland University of Technology